Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Welcome to the Lazy Dog

What is the Lazy Dog Observer? That's a good question and I'm not entirely sure that I can give you a full answer! I am just a regular guy who goes to work each day so that the mortgage gets paid at the end of the month. I've never ran for anything and have never been a speech writer for so and so or pollster extraordinaire. As a matter of fact I don't have any special qualifications as a political pundit. What I do have is a a lot of opinions on things that are happening in the world and even some ideas on how to fix them. I can't tell you how often I'm going to post here or what exactly I'm going to comment on, I guess we'll figure that out together. Right from the start I will tell you that I consider myself to be a pretty conservative guy. I used to call myself a Republican but then I woke up one day and realized that I lived in New Jersey. Politicians calling themselves Republicans routinely espoused views that I just couldn't relate to. Then following the collapse of the Gingrich Republican Revolution, it seemed that the national party drifted farther and farther away from the Reagan conservatism that I hold dear. I am much more loyal to the Reagan philosophy than the party that has in large part abandoned it. That's where I stand right now, let's get started with some Lazy Dog observations.

No comments: